In order to better prepare for CBSE Class 6 Science exams Ribblu.com brings to you previous year / last 10 year CBSE Question Papers for Class 6 Science in PDF. Here you can also find last 10 year question papers which have come in previous year exams. To Prepare properly for Class 6 Science subject and to score good marks in CBSE NCERT KV exams it becomes imperative to solve as many sample papers , mock test papers , previous years papers & worksheets of Science for CBSE Class 6.
Solving these kind of study materials helps students who are appearing for exams to understand the pattern of the paper and the marking scheme. Solving and Practicing Class 6 Science Question Papers helps every students to attain an upper edge or somewhat advantage over other students. It also enables students to understand the types of Science questions that are regularly being asked in exams and their expected answers. On ribblu lot of registered users, parents, students and teachers have shared and uploaded Class 6 Science question papers with solutions and all of them are available for free and can be easily downloaded. All these Science Question papers have are as per latest 2021 academic syllabus of Class 6 Science and based on latest CBSE Class 6 Science Question Papers blueprints and chapter weightage.
Science Question Papers for Class 6
Science Topics to be covered for Class 6
Chapter 1: Food: Where Does It Come From?
- Food: Where Does it Come From?
- Food Variety
- Food Materials and Sources
- Plant Parts and Animal Products as Food
- Plant parts as food
- What do Animals Eat?
Chapter 2: Components of Food
- What do different food items contain?
- What do various nutrients do for our body?
- Balanced diet
- Deficiency disease
Chapter 3: Fibre to Fabric
- Variety in fabrics
- Some plant fibres
- Spinning cotton yarn
- Yarn to fabric
Chapter 4: Sorting Materials and Groups
- Sorting materials into groups
- Objects around us
- Properties of materials
Chapter 5: Separation of Substances
- Methods of separation
- Hand Picking
Chapter 6: Changes Around Us
• Changes Around us
• Can all changes always be reversed?
• Could there be other ways to bring a change?
Chapter 7: Getting to know plants
• Herbs, shrubs and trees
• Stem, Leaf, Root, Flower
Chapter 8: Body Movement
• Human body and its movements
• “Gait of animals”
Chapter 9: Living organisms and their surroundings
• Organisms and the surroundings where they live
• Habitat and adaptation
• A journey through different habitats
• Characteristics of the living beings
Chapter 10: Motion and Measurement of Distances
• Motion and Measurement of Distances
• Story of transport
• How wide is this desk?
• Some measurements
• Standard Units of Measurements
• Correct Measurement of Length
• Measuring the length of a curved line
• Moving things around us
• Types of motion
Chapter 11: Light Shadows and Reflection
• Transparent, opaque and translucent objects
• What exactly are shadows?
• A pinhole camera
• Mirrors and reflections
Chapter 12: Electricity and circuit
• Electric cell
• A bulb connected to an electric cell
• An electric circuit
• Electric switch
• Electric conductors and insulators.
Chapter 13: Fun with Magnets
• Magnetic and non-magnetic materials
• Poles of magnet
• Finding directions
• Make your own magnet
Chapter 14: Water
• How much water do we use?
• Where do we get water from?
• Water cycle
• Back to the oceans
• What if it rains heavily?
• What happens if it does not
• Rain for a long period?
• How can we conserve water?
• Rainwater harvesting
Chapter 15: Air Around us
• Is air present everywhere around us?
• What is air made up of?
• How does oxygen become available to animals and plants living in water and soil?
• How is the oxygen in the atmosphere replaced?
Question Papers of Other Subjects of Class 6
Question Papers of Other Classes
How to Prepare better for Final Exams of Class 6
In order to access the level of preparation done by any particular student solving Previous year question papers for Class 6 Science is the best strategy. Every student dreams of scoring high in Class 6 examinations as it always helps in future and helps to get good rank in school. By solving Class 6 Science Question papers , they act as perfect tools to practise for the final exam. If one wants to get a clear look and feel of how final exam papers are framed in terms of level of difficulty, time and other aspects then , all students must make sure that they attempt these papers once their course revision is finished. This will greatly enhance the chances of higher marks in the exam.
These question papers enhances students ability and knowledge to understand the patter and weightage of questions and critical topics which are repeated in exams.
Benefits of Question Papers for Class 6 Science:
- Revising the subject is very good practice but until and unless one Solves the past question papers in the lookalike environment as in board exam or final class room exam, there is most likely that student may not be able to identify and check whether the understanding of all concepts of the subject are complete or not. It is only after students attempt the question paper in the same time frame he or she is able to judge the capability of solving the paper in the stipulated time frame. It highlights the weak areas if any and gives students ample amount of time to work on those areas and be better prepared before exams.
- Knowing everything is great but it is of no use unless the implementation and results are not matching with that. There is always a risk of the case in which in spite of knowing everything a student falls short of time to complete the entire question paper and thus loses marks. Generally final exam papers and previous year questions are generally of 3 hour duration. So while practicing such papers it is imperative to create a final exam or board like environment at home and ensure that the Question paper is attempted only in 3 hours and then check whether it was possible to complete the paper in the desired amount of time. Often at first students take longer than expected, and thus they get early warning to practice more and increase the speed.
- Students with anxiety issues need previous year papers more than anyone for overcoming such issues. Since they do not know what questions will be asked in the final board they create panic in their mind due to this fear of the unknown and get scared with the idea that they might not be able to do well in exams. Thus such students need to complete at-least 7-10 Question papers prior to the exams, to gain confidence and get into a better frame of mind.
- Improves speed and accuracy of solving these question papers
- Helps students to figure out the loop holes and identify weak areas before the final examination time so that they can spend more time to resolve mistakes and clear concepts of various chapters given in NCERT for Class 6 Science.
- Helps to revise the entire 2021 Science syllabus and familiarises with important questions
- Helps the students to frame a good strategy to approach and solve the Standard 6 Science question paper