A noun is the name of a person , place , animal or things. Proper nouns are words that name a particular person, place, animal or thing. Proper nouns begin with capital letters. For eg Ramesh Common nouns are general names for people, animals, places and things. For eg: book, home
Nouns Worksheets For CBSE Class 4 in PDF Format
- Abstract Noun Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
- Proper Noun Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
- Material Noun Worksheet for Class 4
- Collective Noun Worksheet for Class 4
- Nouns – Common, Proper, Collective Class 4 Worksheet
- Noun-Gender Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
- Collective Noun Worksheet for CSBE Class 4
- Countable and Uncountable Noun Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
- Noun Possession Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
- Common and Proper Noun Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
- Noun Worksheet for CBSE Class 4
Nouns Practice Exercises for Class 4 English
Complete the collective nouns.
- a ___________ of puppies
- a ___________ of books
- a ___________ of geese
- a ___________ of bees
- a ___________ of lions
Underline the proper nouns in the following sentences and rewrite them using
- new delhi is the capital of india. ______________________________________________
- the ganga is sacred to the hindus. ______________________________________________
- mecca is in saudiarabia. ______________________________________________
- we play chess every saturday. ______________________________________________
- arun lives in kolkatta. ______________________________________________
Rewrite the following sentences using nouns : possession.
- The purse of my mother has lost. ______________________________________________
- The return gifts of children are very nice. ________________________________________
- The car of Mr Das is red in colour. ______________________________________________
- The gate of house has closed today. ______________________________________________
Read each sentence and circle the nouns. Write C over each noun that is a
common noun. Write P over each noun that is a proper noun.
- The house is brown and white.
- Mrs. LaRusso is my teacher.
- My cousin is moving to New York City.
- Does Ellie want to go to the carnival?
- Uncle Pete is volunteering for the Peace Corps.
- Dr. Grady was kind and helpful.
- The dog and cat waited patiently for dinner.
- Derek knows how to play the trumpet and the trombone.
- The Big Apple Circus was fi rst performed in Kent, England.
- Many actors auditioned for the lead role in the play
Read each sentence. Circle the noun that uses correct capitalization.
Then identify the noun as common or proper on the line provided.
- The car skidded off Berry (road / Road) and rolled into the grass field.___________
- I was born at (noon / Noon) on a Sunday in the state of Wisconsin._____________
- Do you know what my (mother / Mother) does for a living?________________
- Mr. Davidson knows all about the American (revolution / Revolution).____________
- Can we go to the Chinese (restaurant / Restaurant) that just opened in town?
- Independence (day / Day) is my favourite holiday of the year!_____________________
- Did you read this article called, “Being a Good (friend / Friend)”?__________________
- Mr. and Mrs. Schloss have to buy some items at the (market / Market).__________
Fill in the blanks with the abstract nouns .
- There was a great disappointment when the team lost the match.
- She knows the importance of stamps.
- Many tourists visit India to experience its beauty.
- My eyes filled with tears to see the destruction caused by the avalanche.
- She is loved by one and all because of her politeness.
- We understood the importance of peace after we saw some photographs of war.
- He was overjoyed. You could see the happiness on his face.
- Animals love their freedom. They don’t liked to be caged.
- He is not liked by most people because of his wickedness.
- Everyone was filled with admiration for the debating skill of the
boy in the wheelchair.