A, an, and the are called articles. An article is a name given to a word that is used to identify the noun or noun phrase that comes after it. There are two kinds of article: definite and indefinite articles. Definite articles refer to a specific noun using ‘the’, while indefinite articles are used when a noun in not specific.
Articles Worksheets For CBSE Class 2 in PDF Format
- Articles Worksheet Exercises for CBSE Class 2
- CBSE Class 2 English Articles Worksheet ( a, an, the)
- Articles Exercise for CBSE Class 2 – English Worksheet – DPS
- Articles Exercise for CBSE Class 2 – DPS
- Articles Exercise for CBSE Class 2 – DPS (1)
Articles Practice Worksheet for Class 2
Write THE, A, AN or —– (no article), in the blanks
- ___________________ boys like playing with cars.
- _________________ Amazon is South America’s largest river.
- I never listen to ________radio. In fact, I haven’t even got __________radio.
- What _______________ amazing idea he had yesterday evening.
- _______________rich should do more to help ______________ poor.
- My dad always liked to go to _______________ school.
- Did you see the film on ______________ television or at ________cinema?
- There’s half ______________ litre of milk left in ______________ fridge.
- _________Uncle Norman and _______Aunt Lydia stayed with us over the weekend.
- Dad told us to go to ______________bed at ten.
- What’s ______________highest mountain on ______________ earth?
- I met ______________few American tourists when I was in Italy.
- ______________earth moves around ______________ sun every 365 days.
- I had to ______________stay in hospital for two weeks in order to recover.
- ______________oranges and apples have a lot of vitamins.
- This is ______________most wonderful present I’ve ever had.
- I’m not very hungry. I had ______________ big breakfast
- She is such __________clever girl. She’s bound to go to _________university later on.
- It was ______________long journey. We were at ______________sea for two months.
- ____________women are often said to be better teachers than ______________ men.
Fill in the Blanks with appropriate indefinite Article ‘a’ or ‘an’
- ……….old man wanted to see you in the morning.
- John built …yard for his cattle.
- She ate only …… orange for her breakfast.
- My grandmother told me…… story.
- Mr. Nautiyal bought ……. new car.
- My son is…….M.A from Agra University.
- Rohan is …….. intelligent son of……..poor farmer.
- Neha lodged …….. F.I.R. against the cheat.
- Pass me …….. slice of bread.
- Rita has gone on …….. month’s vacation.
- Narayanpur is …….. small village.
- Visitors can meet the patient only twice……..day.
- There was …….elephant in the field.
- Ravi made ……… error of judgement.
- He was late by ….. hour for the meeting.
- Suresh has ……. interest in acting.
- Sita’s brother is ……..engineer in ………reputed company.
- There is ………eucalyptus tree near my house.
- She is …. honorary secretary of the club.
- We met …… European girl in Rishikesh.