A preposition is a word that connects a noun or a pronoun to another word in a sentence. A preposition is a word or group of words used before a noun, pronoun, or noun phrase to show direction, time, place, location, spatial relationships, or to introduce an object
Prepositions Worksheets For CBSE Class 2 in PDF Format
- CBSE Class 2 English Prepositions Worksheet
- English Preposition Worksheet for CBSE Class 2
- Grade 2 Preposition Worksheets and Exercises
- Preposition Exercise for CBSE Class 2 – English Worksheets (11)
Preposition Practice Exercises for Class 2 English
Using Prepositions in Sentences. Fill in each blank below with a preposition to complete the sentence.
EXAMPLE: We agreed to meet before dinner.
- Rohit has ridden his bike ________________ the river.
- I haven’t seen Lakshita ______________a month.
- We waited __________________six o’clock for the train to arrive.
- A crowd of people pressed __________________the movie star.
- I found my sneakers __________________ the couch.
- Many people became restless __________________ the long delay.
- I am reading a book __________________ Tagore.
- Basketball is my favorite sport __________________ baseball.
- The realtor took us __________________ a number of houses.
- Fred sits _________________me in math class.
- Pull the chair out from __________ the table.
- The liquid smells ____________ perfume.
- The plants reach ____________ the light.
- There is a garage ____________the grocery store.
- I traveled ________________the town on a bicycle.
- I voted _______________the changes suggested by the mayor.
- The meat and vegetables were already_________ the table.
- Wait ______________tomorrow for the results of the survey.
- We looked for the pad_____________ the pile of papers.
- Please leave the newspaper ___________the front door
Fill in the blanks below with the correct prepositions of time.
- My brother has a new job. He works _______________ the evening.
- We’re going to have a picnic _______ Saturday afternoon. Would you like to come?
- I’ll be finished my work _______________ an hour. Then, I can go home.
- When is the meeting? Is it _______________ 2:00?
- I like to get up really early, _______________ sunrise, when the birds start to sing.
- Tom’s birthday is next week, _______________ January 14.
- My grandfather was born _______________ the 1950s.
- Will we be _______________ time, or will we miss our flight?
- My family and I like to ski _______________ winter.
- Are there any holidays _______________ October?
- Our school cafeteria opens for lunch _______________ noon.
- What time does your son go to bed _______________ night?
- We moved to this city _______________ 2012.
- Are you going to do anything special _______________ your birthday?
- I’m not going to watch that TV show. It starts _______________ midnight!