In order to better prepare for CBSE Class 6 Mathematics exams Ribblu.com brings to you previous year / last 10 year CBSE Question Papers for Class 6 Maths in PDF. Here you can also find last 10 year question papers which have come in previous year exams. To Prepare properly for Class 6 Maths subject and to score good marks in CBSE NCERT KV exams it becomes imperative to solve as many sample papers , mock test papers , previous years papers & worksheets of Maths for CBSE Class 6.
Solving these kind of study materials helps students who are appearing for exams to understand the pattern of the paper and the marking scheme. Solving and Practicing Class 6 Maths Question Papers helps every students to attain an upper edge or somewhat advantage over other students. It also enables students to understand the types of Maths questions that are regularly being asked in exams and their expected answers. On ribblu lot of registered users, parents, students and teachers have shared and uploaded Class 6 Maths question papers with solutions and all of them are available for free and can be easily downloaded. All these Maths Question papers have are as per latest 2023 academic syllabus of Class 6 Maths and based on latest CBSE Class 6 Maths Question Papers blueprints and chapter weightage.
Maths Question Papers for Class 6
Chapter – 1 : Knowing Our numbers
Content : Introduction, Comparing Numbers, Large Numbers in Practice, Estimation _ nearest tens, hundred, thousands, outcomes of numbers situations, sum and difference, product, Using brackets, Roman Numerals.
- Differentiate between Indian system and International system of numeration.
- Solve daily life situation problems involving addition, multiplication, subtraction, division and fraction.
- Estimates the given number.
- Express numbers in Roman Numerals & vice versa.
For practice , check out playing with numbers class 6 worksheet and question papers above.
Chapter-2 : Whole Numbers
Content : Introduction, Whole Numbers, The Number Line. Properties of whole numbers, Patterns in whole numbers
- Add and subtract numbers on number line.
- Rearranges the given number and find its solution.
- Identify the pattern in a series of numbers.
For Practice check out whole numbers class 6 worksheet in above links.
Chapter-3 Playing with Numbers
Content : Introduction, Factors and Multiples, Prime and Composite Numbers, Tests for Divisibility of numbers, Common factors and Common multiples, Some more Divisibility Rules, Prime factorization, Highest Common Factor (HCF), Least Common Multiple (LCM), Some Problems on HCF and LCM.
- Classify numbers as prime, composite, even and odd.
- Check the divisibility of a given number by 2,3,4,5,6,8,9 and 11.
- Apply HCF and LCM in daily life situations.
For practice , check out playing with numbers class 6 worksheet and question papers above.
Chapter – 4 : Basic Geometric Ideas
Content : Introduction, Points, A Line Segment, A Line, Intersecting Lines, Parallel Lines, Ray, Curves, Polygons, Angles, Triangles. Quadrilaterals, circles.
The Learner :
- Identify geometrical figures like point, ray, line, line segment, parallel line, intersecting lines in the surroundings and give examples.
- Identify the geometrical shapes like triangles, quadrilaterals, circles and their parts.
Chapter -5 Understanding Elementary Shapes
Content : Introduction, Measuring line segment, Angles-right and straight, Angles-Acute, Obtuse and Reflex, Measuring angles, Perpendicular Lines, Classification of Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Polygons, 3-dimensional shapes.
- Classify the angles as acute, obtuse, reflex, straight, complete and can measure and draw them.
- Identify the triangles as scalene, isosceles, equilateral and on the basis of angles.
- Identify different quadrilaterals as square, rectangle, parallelogram, rhombus and trapezium.
- Identify 3-D shapes and its parts.
Content : Introduction, integers, addition of integers, subtraction of integers with the help of a number line, Ordering of Integers
- Identify the integers and represent it on number line.
- Compare the different integers and write integers in orders.
For integers worksheet for class 6 check out above links
Chapter – 7 : Fractions
Content : Introduction, Fraction, Fraction on Number Line, Proper, Improper and Mixed Fractions, Equivalent fractions, Simplest form of a fraction, Like fractions, Comparing fractions, Addition and Subtraction of fractions.
- Represent fraction on number line and shade the given portion as fraction.
- Identify fractions as proper, improper, mixed, equivalent and like fractions.
- Compare, add and subtract fractions and solve daily life problems involving fractions.
Chapter-8 : Decimals
Content : Introduction, Tenths, Hundredths, Comparing decimals, Using decimals, Addition of numbers with decimals, Subtraction of numbers with decimals.
- Identify and compare decimals.
- Solve daily life problems involving decimals.
Chapter-9 Data Handling
Content : Introduction, recording data, organizing data, Pictograph, interpretation of a pictograph, drawing a pictograph, a bar graph.
- Collect information and prepare a data.
- Learn about tally marks.
- Draw and differentiate between bar graph and pictograph.
Content – Introduction, Perimeter, Area, Area of Rectangle, Area of square.
- Find area and perimeter of the different shapes vis. Square, rectangle, triangle in the surroundings.
For mensuration class 6 worksheet pdf , check the above links
Content : Introduction, Matchstick Patterns, The Idea of Variables, More Matchstick patterns, More examples of Variables, use of variables in common rules, expressions and variables, what is an equation, solution of a equation. Using expressions practically
- Identify the variables and solve daily life problems by the use of variable and forming expressions.
For Practice of class 6 algebra questions pdf , check above links.
Chapter-12 Ratio and Proportion
Content : Introduction, Ratio, Proportion, Unitary method.
- Compare quantities using ratio and check its proportionality.
- Solve daily life problems using unitary method.
For cbse class 6 maths ratio and proportion worksheets check the above links.
Chapter – 13 Symmetry
Content : Introduction, making symmetric figure, figures with two lines of symmetry, figures with multiple lines of symmetry, reflection and symmetry.
- Identify symmetry in objects and in surroundings.
- Draw line of symmetry using paper folding.
Question Papers of Other Subjects of Class 6
Question Papers of Other Classes
How to Prepare better for Final Exams of Class 6
In order to access the level of preparation done by any particular student solving Previous year question papers for Class 6 Maths is the best strategy. Every student dreams of scoring high in Class 6 examinations as it always helps in future and helps to get good rank in school. By solving Class 6 Maths Question papers , they act as perfect tools to practise for the final exam. If one wants to get a clear look and feel of how final exam papers are framed in terms of level of difficulty, time and other aspects then , all students must make sure that they attempt these papers once their course revision is finished. This will greatly enhance the chances of higher marks in the exam.
These question papers enhances students ability and knowledge to understand the patter and weightage of questions and critical topics which are repeated in exams.
Benefits of Question Papers for Class 6 Maths:
- Revising the subject is very good practice but until and unless one Solves the past question papers in the lookalike environment as in board exam or final class room exam, there is most likely that student may not be able to identify and check whether the understanding of all concepts of the subject are complete or not. It is only after students attempt the question paper in the same time frame he or she is able to judge the capability of solving the paper in the stipulated time frame. It highlights the weak areas if any and gives students ample amount of time to work on those areas and be better prepared before exams.
- Knowing everything is great but it is of no use unless the implementation and results are not matching with that. There is always a risk of the case in which in spite of knowing everything a student falls short of time to complete the entire question paper and thus loses marks. Generally final exam papers and previous year questions are generally of 3 hour duration. So while practicing such papers it is imperative to create a final exam or board like environment at home and ensure that the Question paper is attempted only in 3 hours and then check whether it was possible to complete the paper in the desired amount of time. Often at first students take longer than expected, and thus they get early warning to practice more and increase the speed.
- Students with anxiety issues need previous year papers more than anyone for overcoming such issues. Since they do not know what questions will be asked in the final board they create panic in their mind due to this fear of the unknown and get scared with the idea that they might not be able to do well in exams. Thus such students need to complete at-least 7-10 Question papers prior to the exams, to gain confidence and get into a better frame of mind.
- Improves speed and accuracy of solving these question papers
- Helps students to figure out the loop holes and identify weak areas before the final examination time so that they can spend more time to resolve mistakes and clear concepts of various chapters given in NCERT for Class 6 Mathematics.
- Helps to revise the entire 2023 Mathematics syllabus and familiarises with important questions
- Helps the students to frame a good strategy to approach and solve the Standard 6 Mathematics question paper