Verbs express action, being and possession. We cannot form a sentence without a verb. Sometimes we use more than one word to form the verb in a sentence.
- Smita walks in the garden. (one word) Smita is walking in the garden. (two words)
- Some verbs express actions. go sit run crawl scream
- Different forms of the verb be tell us what a person or a thing is. is are am was were been being
- Different forms of the verb have show possession or belonging. has have had
- The verbs be, have and do can be used both as main verbs and as helping verbs. He is a handsome boy. (main verb)
Ria is going to school. (helping verb)
Sam has a pet dog. (main verb)
- Sam has completed his work. (helping verb)
I do my work very fast. (main verb)
He does not go to bed before 9 p.m. (helping verb)
Verbs Worksheets For CBSE Class 5 in PDF Format
- Transitive and Intransitive Verbs Worksheet for CBSE Class 5
- Verb Exercise for CBSE Class 5
- Verb Worksheet for CBSE Class 5 – Set 2
- Verb Worksheet for CBSE Class 5
- Transitive and Intransitive Verbs Exercise for CBSE Class 5
- CBSE Class 5 English Verb Exercises Worksheet-2
- CBSE Class 5 English Verb Exercises Worksheet
Verbs Practice Exercises for Class 5 English
Circle the subject in each sentence and Tick (√) the correct verb of the ones given in brackets.
- The people in my neighbourhood (is/are) very helpful.
- The plants in the garden (need/needs) to be watered.
- All students except Susan (plan/plans) to attend the school picnic.
- Simran (want/wants) to travel around Africa.
- This book by A.K. Ramanujan (has/have) good stories.
- Any student who is late to school (is/are) sent home.
- A few branches of the neem tree in my garden (has/have) broken in the storm.
State whether the verbs in red are transitive or intransitive.
- The bookseller sold some books to the boy. _____________________________
- The little boy cried when his toy broke. _____________________________
- The sun rose up in the sky. _____________________________
- I took a bus to my uncle’s house. _____________________________
- She understood the question the teacher had asked. _____________________________
- Yes, I don’t like people who tell lies. _____________________________
- I wrote a letter to my friend in England. _____________________________
- Sunita bought a new dictionary. _____________________________
A Complete each sentence choosing the correct verb from the strip.
|were, has, have (2), do, does, are, was (2)|
- There ______________a bathtub in the hotel room.
- Where __________________ you kept my cap?
- Where __________________ the keys to the house?
- How __________________ magicians perform their tricks?
- Where __________________Shilpa live?
- How many students __________________ paid the fees?